The doctors at Rātā Medical have undertaken specialist training in General Practice, and as such are vocationally registered GPs.
They provide the full range of General Practice services and also have special interests and skills.
Health care provided includes:
- Men's health, Woman's health - including well-person health checks and preventive care
- Child health
- Youth health
- Health care of the elderly
- Contraception & Family Planning
- ACC consultations
- Sports injuries
- Cortisone (steroid) injections
- Skin assessments
- Minor surgery /Biopsies
- Driver's Licence Medicals and other medical examinations
- 'CarePlus' programme for those with additional care needs
- Palliative Care
- Mental health care and support
- Referral to specialist services
- Travel advice
As well as being caring professionals, GPs are trouble-shooters, problem-solvers, diagnosticians, technicians and patient advocates!