Practice nurses are special, skilled practitioners.
Services provided by the practice nurses include:
- assessing medical conditions (triage)
- cervical smears
- cholesterol and lifestyle advice
- chronic condition support
- diabetes checks
- ear syringing
- heart health assessments
- immunisations - for children, adults, travel (all are certified vaccinators)
- intra-venous therapies
- liaising with other care providers in the community
- preventive care and follow-up
- processing repeat prescriptions
- providing phone advice
- quit-smoking support
- travel advice
- wound management
...and many other primary care tasks.
Like our doctors they are here to support you and to help ensure your health needs are met.